Designing a permanent marker for yourself or a loved one is a wonderful way to tell the story of a life well-lived. Let us take out the guesswork and create something beautiful together that will last for centuries.
Company founders Ora & Marion Snyder's monument located in Bellville Cemetery.
- Timeline — Tell us how soon you expect the stone to be installed in the cemetery. A custom design will give you unlimited beautiful options, but the timeline can be as long as 12 months. In-stock choices are limited, but can be installed as soon as 45 days after payment and approval. We think the custom stones are worth the wait but in order to exceed your expectations, the timeline will be discussed from the very beginning.
- Color — Some colors are imported from all over the world and some colors are mined right here in the United States. If you have a color in mind, we will help you find it! Some of the most popular colors are: Jet Black, Barre Grey, Georgia Blue, Dakota Mahogany, and Imperial Rose.
- Style — We absolutely have tons of photos to show you, but there's nothing quite like seeing the markers in person. Many of our locations have an outdoor display to help you choose, but here's a little secret to finding your monument style: The next time you visit a cemetery, take a look around and snap some photos on your phone of the headstones that catch your eye. You may be surprised at which designs you like or maybe you prefer how the stones looked 100 or 200 years ago! We are here to make your vision a reality.
- Size — Let us know if you're designing a marker for an individual, a couple, or 2+ people. This will help us guide you. Another lovely tradition (that we think should make a comeback!) is to compose a large family monument with smaller individual markers for each family member. Here's a tip we have learned over the years: if you are purchasing cemetery lots, consider buying more than you need. Many years from now, your family will be relieved to have property in the 'family plot' when nothing adjacent is available.
- Cost — If you have a particular price in mind, give us that information right away so we can be sure not to show you ideas outside of your budget.
Call your preferred Snyder location to meet your Monument Specialist and start designing your marker. For our out-of-town clients, we are also able to work over the phone and email to make things easy for you. If this is the case, call the chapel nearest to your cemetery.
You will receive a full rendering of the memorial before your purchase to ensure that everything is accurate and to your liking. Unlimited proofs are included in the price.
Your dedicated monument specialist will work with you every step of the way. He or she will help you consider all the options and help you navigate the regulations of your cemetery.
Granite and bronze have been the gold-standard for monuments since before the time of the Pharaohs. The oldest granite memorials are 5,000+ years old and bronze dates back 6,500+ years!
Our relationships with reputable stone quarries give us the opportunity to extend great savings to our clients. Compare prices before purchasing your marker elsewhere.