Philip R. Wilson

July 12, 1925 ‒ August 25, 2005

Delaware, Ohio

PHILIP R. WILSON, 80, OF DELAWARE DIED THURSDAY AFTERNOON AT RIVERSIDE METHODIST HOSPITAL, COLUMBUS. HE WAS BORN JULY 12, 1925 IN CONNERSVILLE, INDIANA TO MERRILL WILSON AND SERENA (nee OUTLAND) WILSON. BEFORE MOVING TO DELAWARE IN 1995, HE LIVED IN OAK HARBOR, OHIO FOR 30 YEARS WHERE HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE OAK HARBOR UNITED METHODIST CHURCH. HE WAS A GRADUATE OF PURDUE UNIVERSITY AND WAS A REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER, CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST AND SAFETY PROFESSIONAL. HE RETIRED FROM BRUSH ENGINEERING MATERIALS IN 1989 WHERE HE WAS EMPLOYED AS ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL DIRECTOR FOR 30 YEARS. HE SERVED IN THE ARMY AIR FORCE IN WORLD WAR II. HE WAS ACTIVE IN SENIOR ATHLETICS, PARTICIPATING IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL TRACK AND FIELD EVENTS. HE IS SURVIVED BY A SON, MARK L. (LIN) WILSON OF COLUMBUS; 2 DAUGHTERS, JANET (DAN) HIESTAND OF POWELL AND BARBARA (PHILIP) DeHART OF KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA; SEVEN GRANDCHILDREN, MARA AND BRYNN WILSON, STEVEN AND DAVID HIESTAND, AND ISAAC, LOUISA, AND ANNIE DeHART; DEAR FRIEND, JANET YODER OF DELAWARE. HE WAS PRECEDED IN DEATH BY HIS WIFE OF 50 YEARS, CAROL. MEMORIAL SERVICES WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY OCTOBER 8, 2005 AT 2:00 PM AT THE WILLOW BROOK CHRISTIAN VILLAGE TERRACE ROOM WITH THE REV. SHARON BEATTIE OFFICIATING. BURIAL WILL BE AT A LATER DATE AT KINGWOOD MEMORIAL PARK CEMETERY. CONTRIBUTIONS MAY BE MADE TO THE WILLOW BROOK CHRISTIAN VILLAGE, 100 WILLOW BROOK WAY SOUTH, DELAWARE, OHIO 43015, OR TO THE WILLIAM STREET UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, 28 W. WILLIAM STREET, DELAWARE, OHIO 43015. THOSE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE SERVICES MAY LOG ONTO www.bennettbrownrodman.com AND LINK INTO THE ONLINE MEMORIAL AND REGISTRY PAGE. RODMAN BENNETT BROWN FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATORY, DELAWARE IS IN CHARGE OF ARRANGEMENTS.