Judith E. Cyrus
December 12, 1938 ‒ April 27, 2009
Judith (Judy) E. Cyrus passed away at 6:07 AM on April 27, 2009 at her home, surrounded by her loving family, following a courageous 15 month battle with ovarian cancer. Born December 12, 1938 at Chillicothe, Ohio. She graduated in 1957 from Chillicothe High School, where she then served as a secretary for two years. She was a Delaware resident since 1978. She retired from the Delaware City School System (Woodward School) where she enjoyed working with the great staff. Upon her retirement, they placed a plaque and planted a garden in her honor at the school. Judy served many years in children and youth ministry in churches where her husband served as Pastor. She also volunteered monthly at the Sara Moore Home. She enjoyed sewing and cooking, Sunday diners were a specialty, and many benefited from her hobbies. She was a member of the Delaware Church of Christ in Christian Union. A wonderful wife to David whom she married September 13, 1958. Loved by their four children Theresa (Gary) Perry of Powell, John (Michelle) Cyrus of Delaware, Betsy (Mike) Shaffer of Lewis Center, Stephen (Jen) Cyrus of Delaware. Six grandchildren Melanie (Dan) Dillon, Beth Perry, Nikki Barkeloo, Grant and Audry Shaffer, and Neve Cyrus. She is also survived by a brother Richard (Pat) Hopper and a sister Clarice (Darrell) Malone of Chillicothe. She was preceded in death by her father and mother Alton and Iva Hopper. Visiting hours will be at Rodman Neeper Funeral Home 1510 W. William St., Delaware this afternoon & evening (April 28th) from 2:00 – 4:00 & 6:00 – 8:00 PM where services will be held at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, April 29th with Rev. Joe Duvall and Rev. Bill Benner officiating. Interment will follow at Oak Grove Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Delaware Church of Christ in Christian Union, to the Missionary/Building Fund, 162 Belle Ave., Delaware, OH 43015. The church family will then host a reception following interment at the Rodman Neeper Community Room, spearheaded by Dale and Darlene Barnes (369-7928).