Harold L. Williams
April 01, 1926 ‒ June 28, 2009
Harold L. Williams, 83, of Delaware, passed away peacefully on Sunday, June 28, 2009 in Delaware Court Health Care Center, following an extended illness.
He was born on January 1, 1926 in Marion, Ohio to the late James A. and Stella Geneva (Hendrickson) Williams. He was a Graduate of Harding High School in Marion. During World War II, he served in the U.S. Navy on the battleships, U.S.S. Lyon and North Carolina, where he traveled thru Europe, Scotland and France. After the war, Harold was a construction coordinator for the Standard Oil Co. of Ohio, where he supervised the building of their gasoline stations for 27 years. In 1967, he became the owner, operator and sometimes mechanic at the B.P. Gasoline Station on the corner of S. Sandusky St. and Harrison St. in Delaware, until its closing in 1984. Hobbies and interests were playing cards, watching football and baseball, fishing, hunting, rose gardening and traveling to Canada.
He is survived by his devoted wife- Patricia A. (Yoakam) Williams, whom he married on June 16, 1967; 4 daughters- Barbara J. Waldrop of Columbus, Patricia L. Linden of Sarasota, FL, Linda G. McKee of Bend, OR and Cynthia A. (Chuck) Moore of Marion; 4 grandchildren- Alyssa Lawrence, Melissa Stuman, Shawn Morris and David Bailey; 3 great grandchildren- Shayla, Elise and Ethan; a nephew- Daniel (Jeanne) Yoakam and other numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother- Carl Williams.
Visitation will be held on Friday, July 3, 2009 from 11:00 a.m. until the time of the funeral service at 1:00 p.m., in the Rodman Neeper Funeral Home, 1510 West William Street, Delaware. Burial will be in the Oak Grove Cemetery, Delaware, where the Delaware County Veteran’s Association will conduct graveside military rites.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Heartland Hospice, 685 Delaware Avenue, Marion, Ohio 43302.