Location Details

Snyder Funeral Home, Craven Chapel

In Mount Gilead, Ohio

Call 24 hours a Day at (419) 946-3040


67 North Main Street
Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338

Get Directions >>
Mount Gilead Resources >>

One of the oldest institutions in Mount Gilead, the Craven Funeral Home was started by George Dale Craven in 1926. He purchased the equipment of local undertaker Ray Livingston and started his business in the room known as Bowen's Jewelry Store. In 1934, Dale purchased and remodeled the old Whitney family home at 67 North Main Street.

Dale died in 1944 and his son Max returned home from WWII and owned and operated the funeral home, remodeling it in 1964. He was joined by his son Gary in 1974.

Upon his retirement in 1985, Max sold the funeral home to the Snyder family, knowing that they would continue the pledge of professional service with dignity. The Snyder family remodeled and updated the facility in 1986 and again in 2013.

The Snyder family also owned and operated the Snyder Funeral Home on South Main Street from 1962-2016.

Our Caring Staff

The Snyder Funeral Homes in Mount Gilead, Ohio, offers caring funeral, cremation and memorial services and life celebrations for Mount Gilead and the greater Mount Gilead community including Cardington, Chesterville, Edison, Fulton, Iberia, Johnsville and Marengo.